Sunday, February 7, 2010

Where is God? by Dr. John Townsend





How many times have you asked the question, “Where is God?”  Throughout my personal experience, really difficult times cause my heart to ponder this mystery.  In his latest book, Dr. John Townsend takes a stab at giving us an actual answer to this often-asked question.

In Where is God, Dr. Townsend presents to the doubting soul his understanding of what the Bible teaches about God and suffering.  I commend him for tackling a difficult topic with wisdom and honesty.  The message is very meaty and tough, yet beneficial and sound at its core. 

Where is God gets 3.5 out of 5 stars from me... The book tends to get a bit wordy and definitely isn’t one to pick up for a casual read.  I feel as if the content may be a bit heavy for readers who are in the midst of an incredible life storm. 

If you’re wanting a new or fresh look at suffering and why God allows it, then go ahead and pick up this book.

Happy Reading!

This book was provided to me at no cost by Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their Book Review Bloggers program. I was not required to provide a positive review, only an honest one. The viewpoints expressed in this review are my own.

No comments: