Saturday, February 13, 2010

Too good not to share!

I've found a new love in the culinary world-  goat cheese.  I seriously used to despise the stuff, along with many other foods.  But the older I've gotten, it seems like my taste buds have reincarnated themselves to appreciate a plethora of tastes.

I now crave goat cheese on everything... crackers, pizza, even scrambled eggs. (Thank you for that one, Ina Garten!)  But my favorite combination that I can't seem to get enough of lately is the following: goat cheese, bacon, sun-dried tomato, and basil.   YUMMMMM!  And from that combo was born these little bundles of heaven-in-my-mouth:

 

 

Basically, you just take a can of crescents and roll them out.  Then fill each one with those fabulous four ingredients:
cooked bacon
pieces of sun-dried tomatoes soaked in extra virgin olive oil 
chopped fresh basil
goat cheese

Roll the crescents up and bake for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees.  They are FANTASTIC!  You've just got to try them.

After you've tasted the deliciousness, I'd love for you to leave me a comment about what you thought.  Plus, I need help naming these things... Thoughts?

Happy eating and hurry back! 

No comments: