Saturday, February 6, 2010

For my fellow readers...

One of my favorite things to do is read.  Considering I have two munchkins running around the house these days, it's really hard to find quality (if any) time to read.  As crazy as it sounds, I absolutely love reading non-fiction books.  Once in a while I'll stray from my norm and blaze through a popular Nicholas Sparks work, or something similar.  But my literary desires are most satisfied when my nose is buried in a bestseller that's going to offer me new advice that I've never considered.

Since we started BluEyEdea Media recently, I've been racking up on books about business, money, self-employment and the like.  Often I find myself frustrated because there are more titles on my reading list than my free time allows.  When I do have a brief moment to read a few pages, I feel unfocused and rushed.  I've been thinking that I need to develop a new system, not of what I read, but of the WAY I read. 

Earlier this evening, I was glancing through all the new posts in my Google Reader and stumbled upon this blog post by Michael Hyatt- How to Read a Non-Fiction Book.  These pointers gave me a new reading plan with fresh focus and direction.

I hope many of you find Mr. Hyatt's ten reading practices helpful, as well.  I would love to hear your feedback once you try them.

No comments: