Friday, May 28, 2010

One eskimO

Anybody out there bored with their current music collection?  If so, I've got a new release to share with you:


I have to confess that until I received the invitation to review this album, I had never heard of this critically-acclaimed English band.  But they have been knocking down the charts with the adult alternative song, "Kandi."  The talented group is made up of four guys, with singer/songwriter Kristian Leontiou in the lead.


One eskimO performed for over 300,000 people in the US & UK last year, opening for big names such as Tori Amos, Bob Schneider, and Gomez.  They are currently opening for Michael Franti and Spearhead through June 2010.

In my opinion, One eskimO's self-titled debut album is creative, relaxing, and vocally sound.  It's one of those cds I'd carry along for some down time at the swimming pool or beach.  A few of the tracks are a tad on the weirder artsier side of the spectrum for me, but nothing over the top.

This album is currently available at Target, Best Buy, Borders, and Barnes & Noble, or can be downloaded from iTunes.  If you'd like to hear a taste of the album before purchasing, then check out their video for "Kandi" below:





A cd was provided to me at no cost by One2One Network in order to facilitate my review. I was not required to provide a positive review, only an honest one. The viewpoints expressed in this review are my own.

1 comment:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Being British I have never heard of them either but they sound good to me, have never seen their albums in the record stores.
Loved the post.
Enjoy your week-end.

Yvonne.