Saturday, July 31, 2010

My name is Carmen and I have a dripping problem.


Drip.....


Drip.....


Drip, drip, drip.....


Our kitchen faucet has a dripping problem these days. Because we've been dealing with mold and other shenanigans, hubby hasn't been able to address the issue just yet.  Boy, I hope he gets to it soon, because that drip sure grates on this housewife's nerves.

But hold up just one minute... (This is where I get a big dose of conviction smacked across my forehead!)

Forget about the kitchen faucet for a second.  What about me?  Do I have a dripping problem?  Proverbs 27:15-16 states:
A continual dripping on a rainy day and a quarrelsome wife are alike; to restrain her is to restrain the wind or to grasp oil in one's right hand. 
To think that my everyday tendency to control, quarrel, or nag is as bothersome to my husband as this never-ending, irritating, dripping sound coming from my kitchen really makes me think a bit.

So, from now until the annoying leak gets fixed, it will serve as a valuable reminder for me and my own "dripping."

Encourage, encourage, encourage.....

Respect, respect, respect.....

Shut down the drip, drip, drip.....

Photobucket

1 comment:

Mandy's Creative Corner said...

Thanks for your sweet comment! I just {LOVE} your blog as well =D And kudos on this post. I have realizations like that smack me in the face every now and then and it really helps keep me on track.