Monday, July 12, 2010

Hey Mikey... Beware!


Don't you love a good trip to Wal-Mart?  There's no other place on earth like it.  Since the economy continues to be rough on our pocket books, it's the perfect place to go for cheap groceries, household items, and free entertainment from the surrounding shoppers.

For instance, this afternoon I had decided to do my grocery shopping there, since I've been majorly slacking on my coupons lately.  I just haven't found a cheaper place to go if I'm not armed with an arsenal of coupons.  (Sorry, Publix!  I promise to not cheat on you for very long.) 

As I was strolling down the cereal aisle, I noticed a little boy around 5 years old, walking beside his mother as she shopped.  What I heard next almost made me pee in my pants...

The boy walked over and pointed to a cereal that he wished for his mother to buy.  She quickly replied, "NO!  THAT'S POISON IN A BOX!" 

I quickly held my breath and rolled along to the next aisle, because I seriously thought I was about to laugh out loud.  Then two thoughts came to mind:

First of all, if a person is so hardcore about super healthy eating, then why, my friends, would one choose Wal-Mart for their grocery shopping?  It's Wal-Mart, lady!  Wallllllllllllll-marrrrrrt!  Almost every grocery item on their shelves is "poison in a box." 

Secondly, I do commend that mother for attempting to teach her children about healthy eating.  But why in such a harsh manner?  I wouldn't be surprised if that poor child grows up having nightmares about being stalked by a gigantic bowl of Lucky Charms.  GEEZ!

It takes all kinds... especially at Wal-Mart.

3 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

It does indeed! But have you seen the prices at Health Food Stores? They're beyond crazy!

tasha said...

Hmmm, when I tell my kids about those poisonous boxes, they eat it anyway...

Messy Mommy said...

Oh that's great! I love Wal-Mart, unfortunately the nearest one is 50 miles away. :(