I remember the first time I laid eyes on it... Disney's Magic Kingdom. For an 8-year-old little girl, it truly was magical. Now as a mother with my own little wide-eyed girl, I find myself daydreaming about the day when my princess will meet Cinderella face to face. I know it will be a moment too wonderful for words and more magical than a camera will be able to capture.
|Photo courtesy of www.visitkissimmee.com|
Even though I've had multiple opportunities to visit Orlando and the surrounding attractions, my husband and children have not. For that very reason, Florida will be the destination for our very first real vacation. And I already know the exact place where we'll go: Kissimmee.
When I think of the perfect place for any family to visit in Florida, Kissimmee is the first place that comes to mind. I know this because I've been there and experienced all that Kissimmee has to offer firsthand. I'll list a a few of the great things I can recall about Kissimmee:
- It's right next door to Orlando.
- Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Universal Studios (just to name a few) are all a quick shuttle ride away.
- Beaches (my favorite) of the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf Coast are only a 1-2 hour drive.
- Plenty of outdoor activities including airboat rides, zip-lining (my husband's favorite), horseback riding, and hiking.
- For those of us who like to shop and eat, plenty of eclectic stores and fabulous restaurants to indulge both our pocketbooks and our appetites abound.
|Disney's Animal Kingdom Park|
|Orlando Premium Outlets|
|Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center|