Monday, July 16, 2012

The Klappers Go Camping

Way back at the beginning of January, I made a list of several goals for the year that I wanted to make happen. I'm now glad to say, 7 months later, I finally accomplished one of them: Go on a weekend camping trip as a family. Along with my fabulous in-laws, we headed northeast last weekend to a camping area about two hours from home.  Here are some snapshots from our five-day adventure...


There she is... Kamp Klapper!

Ya think they're excited?!

Our fancy dinner table.

If there's a tree around, be sure my husband will find a reason to climb it.

Having a paramedic in the family is always a plus!

Learning to fish


He caught his first fishy!

Checking out the spoils.

Our day at "the beach."



A bald eagle sighting... SO cool!


Waiting for their sunset cruise.

Daddy's attempt at a perfectly roasted marshmallow, via cordless screwdriver.

Tie-dying t-shirts.

Our finished artwork.

Sunset! (No filter added... this was for real!)

A giant THANK YOU goes out to Alec's family for generously making it possible for us to go. We love you all and had a wonderful trip!

Until next time-
Photobucket